Management of cellulitis – new guidance includes antimicrobial prescribing strategy
Timely treatment of cellulitis is essential to avoid the development of sepsis
Cellulitis and erysipelas are infections of the tissues under the skin which usually result from contamination of a break in the skin.
Cellulitis needs to be treated swiftly with antibiotics , as it can become serious and lead to sepsis if untreated. It most commonly affects the hands, feet and legs.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests