Flu vaccines: how COVID-19 has influenced nurses’ attitudes
As flu season looms, find out what nurses say about their intentions to have a flu jab and what they think about mandatory vaccination of the nurse workforce
- Staff prepare for the biggest vaccine programme in NHS history
- Experience of coronavirus vaccine campaign hardened the resolve of some nurses to resist mandatory vaccination
- Vaccine hesitancy should be seen as a natural need for information prior to consent, says vaccination expert
Simmering discontent about how nurses were urged to have the COVID-19 vaccine may continue to influence how some feel about workforce immunisation more widely.
More than a quarter (27%) of nurses in a Nursing Standard survey said they will
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests