‘Outstanding nurses work with older people across all settings’
Nicky Hayes explains why caring for the frailest older people can be immensely rewarding but needs to be underpinned by structured career pathways
Nicky Hayes (centre) with colleagues. Picture: Charles Milligan
This article sets the scene for a series of features in Nursing Older People that showcase careers in nursing older adults.
Featuring a variety of jobs and settings, the series explores the pathways that these nurses took, what inspired and inspires them, and the future potential for nurses who might want to follow in their footsteps.
Many outstanding nurses work with older adults across the NHS, independent and voluntary sectors, in a wide range of roles, all making a difference to the health and lives of older adults, and this series will provide a sample of the best.
The demand for nursing exceeds supply, especially in older adults’ care. It’s therefore...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests