Managing transitions to palliative care for older people in acute hospitals
This is the fourth in a series of six articles that aim to encourage nurse leaders to explore how to use research ﬁndings to improve practice and services where they work. The series focuses on research that has been funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and included in NIHR Dissemination Centre publications. The authors seek to relate the content directly to the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s code of professional standards of practice and behaviour, specifically the themes of practising safely and promoting professionalism and trustIntroduction by Elaine Maxwell, clinical adviser at the National Institute for Health Research Dissemination Centre:
The NIHR Dissemination Centre helps clinical staff, commissioners and patients to make informed decisions about...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests