Riding the digital wave in dementia care
Playing an instrumental role in providing data on the value of Admiral Nursing, Julia Botsford explains why digital advances present a challenge across the board in nursing
What is your job?
I am a research and evaluation Admiral Nurse at Dementia UK in London. As well as working on the Admiral Nurse Dementia Helpline, providing specialist advice and support to families living with dementia, I play an instrumental role in collecting data on the value and effectiveness of Admiral Nursing. My area of expertise also lies in dementia in black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities.
Why did you become a nurse?
My interest in nursing stems from when my grandmother was unwell and spent time in hospital. This experience showed me how nursing can have a direct and positive effect on peoples lives. Ive also been quite academically minded...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests