'A sense of humour is a must in care of older people'
Pablo Vilar on why there are more challenges ahead for care workers, and being able to handle stress through laughter
What is your job?
I am the home manager at Balhousie Pitlochry Care Home in Perthshire. I manage the running of the home, in charge of the well-being of residents and staff.
Why did you become a nurse?
I have always enjoyed working with people and customer-focused roles and because of that, I was slowly drawn to a career in nursing.
Where did you train?
At Oxford Brookes University, specialising in mental health nursing. It was a great experience, a great university, excellent tutors and mentors along the way. I got a rounded experience and foundation for starting my career.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
There are so many parts that...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests