60 seconds with regional Admiral Nurse Zena Aldridge
Follow your heart, not the crowd, and if you are passionate about something pursue it, says regional Admiral Nurse Zena Aldridge
Zena Aldridge qualified as a mental health nurse in 2003 at the University of East Anglia. After working as a community mental health nurse for working-age adults and as a sister on a medicine for the elderly ward, she took up roles in out-of-hours dementia care and in acute admissions and continuing care for people with dementia. In 2013, she was appointed as the first Admiral Lead Nurse for Norfolk, and is now Admiral Nurse for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, working for Dementia UK.
What are your main work responsibilities?
Improving dementia practice and service development, alongside clinical work with families affected...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests