60 seconds with care home operations director Louise Barnett
Have confidence in your abilities and know that every skill you acquire is valuable, says care home operations director Louise Barnett
After qualifying as a registered nurse in 1992, Louise Barnett worked for the NHS for seven years as a surgical nurse. With four young children to care for, she joined the private sector in 1999 as it offered more flexibility for working parents. She spent 14 years with Barchester Healthcare, moving up to deputy manager and then home manager, before joining Balhousie Care Group in 2013 as an area manager. She took up her current post as director of operations for the group in 2015.
What are your main work responsibilities? I am responsible for the running, quality and financial performance of all 25 of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests