Book review: Transitions to Practice: Essential Concepts for Health and Social Care Practitioners
Transitions to Practice: Essential Concepts for Health and Social Care Practitioners
Teena J Clouston, Lyn Westcott and Steven W Whitcombe
£35.00 | 236pp
In light of recent professional and political agendas relating to improving the quality and culture of nursing care, transitions to practice for all healthcare professionals is an area that needs further examination.
The leap from being a student to being a registrant has been highlighted as a difficult and challenging period to navigate, despite the best efforts of preceptorship programmes.
Although the topic of transition in nursing has been explored in recent literature, this text is a welcome addition and one that provides insight to specific themes and concepts associated with progressing through the various phases in professional practice.
Four sections focus on professional practice, working together and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests