Book review: Leadership and Change for the Health Professional
Leadership and Change for the Health Professional
Elizabeth A Curtis and John G Cullen
Open University Press
£28.99 | 304pp
Ensuring effective leadership in nursing remains high on the political, professional and educational agenda, for both nursing students and those assigned to leadership and management positions.
As integrated care is embedded throughout healthcare services, leadership approaches are being scrutinised to ensure cost effectiveness of services and that there is a transforming culture to motivate change.
There are many nursing leadership books available and, although this text is not solely aimed at nurses, each chapter remains relevant to current nursing practice. All chapters are written in an accessible style, each one offering different viewpoints to consider in the reader’s leadership journey.
Part one of the book discusses general leadership theories and includes...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests