How to attract the top nursing talent
Today, demand for nurses is greater than ever, driven in large part by an unparalleled and unprecedented ageing of the population on a global scale.
According to the UN, the number of people in the world aged 60 or older is expected to more than double by 2050, exceeding 2 billion.
These are not easy roles to fill. NHS data shows that there are more than 23,443 nursing vacancies in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, equivalent to 9% of the workforce. The Office for National Statistics reports that these openings increased by 50% from 2013 to 2015.
The global demand for nurses is reflected in job website Indeed's data too: registered nurse roles are the number one most in-demand role on Indeed’s UK website.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests