Technology must be coupled with good leadership if nursing care is to improve
One of Nursing Management's editorial advisory board members explains why nursing leadership skills should be used to put informatics at the heart of service development and delivery
My role is about people and communication
As a chief nursing information officer (CNIO) I am in an exciting new leadership role that allows me to help shape the NHS of the future. I am not an expert in technology so it could be said that I am not a natural for the job, but even though the role of the CNIO involves technology it’s really about people and communication, sharing experiences with others and leading change.
I started my journey into informatics because I believed that if we got the technology right we could improve nursing care. Having been part of the first cohort of the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests