RCN's hands-on approach to glove use
Ahead of World Hand Hygiene day on 5 May, the Royal College of Nursing wants to spread the word about guidance on glove use in clinical settings
The RCN’s Tools of the Trade guidance was produced for nursing staff to advise them on glove use and the prevention of work-related contact dermatitis.
With the Health and Safety Executive estimating that approximately one in five nurses report work-related skin problems, the guidance was originally developed to give clear guidance on the appropriate use of gloves in clinical settings.
The time has come to update the guidance and use innovative ways to promote it through the medium of a glove awareness week, commencing on 30 April. Using social media, we aim to reinforce our two key messages:
- The appropriate use of gloves – the right type at the right time.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests