Nurses: agents of change for digital developments in clinical settings
Why it's important for staff to join the NHS Digital Academy leadership programme
If we can get clinical systems right, we can improve the care we deliver; but we can get clinical systems right only if we have a good grasp on digital technology.
This is why five years ago – after 25 years as a nurse, midwife and health visitor – I started working in clinical informatics, a move that has led to my present role as chief nursing information officer.
Loud and proud
As nurses, we as well as allied health professionals are behind our medical colleagues in the field of digital health leadership even though we make up a huge workforce in the NHS and are pivotal to care delivery. It is vital that our voice is out there – loud and proud – when digital...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests