How to maintain enthusiasm and demonstrate values-driven leadership in challenging times
Adhering to values-based nursing leadership in these difficult times, far from being controlling, is beneficial in delivering compassionate carePicture: Annette Taylor-Anderson
Having had little time to recover and recuperate from the pandemic, nurse leaders now face an arguably greater challenge with a resurgence of COVID-19, a looming flu season and the usual NHS seasonal challenges.
Nursing has run the gamut of opinion over the past few months – from enthusiastic weekly applause for NHS staff to accusations of a lack of professionalism, kindness and compassion documented in the national press.
Indeed, at times it feels paradoxical.
Maintaining professional values is central to quality nursing practice
Nurses are expected to lead complex reconfigurations of services while
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests