Guide sets out strategies for healthcare staff retention
A new guide on staff retention lists best practices, with suggestions about flexible working and pension options as well as support during menopause
Retention of staff is a key issue for the NHS and a crucial factor in securing a skilled and sustainable workforce for the future. Organisations must ensure new and existing staff are supported and encouraged to remain, NHS Improvement says.
However, there are major shortfalls in nursing staff, with 40,000 nursing vacancies in the NHS in England alone, according to the RCN.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests