Nursing Standard podcast: ‘Agile working is about the difference we can make for patients’
Nursing Standard podcast joins tissue viability nurse Debbie Wickens on her rounds for episode 5.
Listen to the Nursing Standard podcast
Share your feedback
Tweet your thoughts using the hashtag #nspod or email comments and suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscibe to the Nursing Standard podcast
Subscribe to the Nursing Standard podcast on iTunes (for Apple and desktop users or Stitcher (for Android, desktop and Apple users)
Ms Wickens explains how North East London NHS Foundation Trust has adopted an ‘agile working system’ to keep community and mental health nurses on the move.
Nurses are equipped with laptops to update notes in real time and can use an instant messaging service to seek advice and support.
To hear how the system works in practice, listen to the episode on the above player or on iTunes.
You can also read an extended feature here.
Catch up on previous episodes this season
- Episode 1 – Foundation years for nursing students
- Special – 'Integrate the four fields of nursing,' says nurse leader Alison Twycross
- Episode 2 – Nursing student bursary was ‘far from ideal,’ says nurse MP Maria Caulfield
- Episode 3 – Swansea university students reflect on training experience
- Episode 4 – Change is in the care
In other news