Clinical update – infusion therapy
Ensuring the safest care for patients undergoing infusion therapy through updated guidance.
Many patients admitted to hospital or receiving care in other settings, including their own homes, are recipients of one or more infusion therapies. Total parenteral nutrition, chemotherapy, parenteral antimicrobial therapy, pain relief and other infusion therapies are increasingly delivered in community settings.
While the move away from hospital helps meet patients’ lifestyles and clinical needs, it can have implications for patient care and safety.
The RCN has published updated standards for infusion therapy guided by the latest evidence to ensure the safest care. It is intended to help healthcare professionals ensure each patient receives the most appropriate infusion therapy through the most appropriate device and site, in the most appropriate...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests