Review of 2018: The pay deal creates fallout and nurse leaders bow out
We look back on the year’s events, from a controversial pay rise to a vote of no confidence at the RCN
The Commons health committee publishes a review of the nursing workforce , which highlights pressures that are contributing to the shortfall of nurses, such as workload, pay, morale and lack of access to continuing professional development. Nurses recognised in the Queen’s new year’s honours list include NHS England director of nursing Hilary Garratt, who is made a CBE. In its written evidence to inform the Agenda for Change pay deal, the government promises to help tackle staff shortages by ending the 1% nursing pay cap .
Thousands join a rally to call for better...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests