Practice learning supervision: how to keep relationships positive
Unprofessional behaviour on clinical placements can have dire consequences, and supervisors as well as nursing students need support to optimise the experience
- Supervision on clinical placement puts an onus on all registrants to be prepared to meet the needs of the role
- Clear boundaries are essential – find out what you have the right to expect as a student or their supervisor
- Advice on how to ensure the best possible practice learning environment
Changes to the way nursing students are supervised when on clinical placements have meant a greater number of nurses can expect to take on the role.
Updated Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) standards for
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests