Nursing Now: Globally advocating for nursing leadership
Nurses need to be more engaged in the development of policy and services and in acting as role models, say health experts, as a three-year campaign to boost the profession’s profile worldwide is launched
Former chief executive of the NHS in England Lord Nigel Crisp, along with global leaders in nursing and medicine, is leading the ambitious Nursing Now campaign.
Speaking to Nursing Management, Lord Crisp says Nursing Now builds on the findings of the 2016 Triple Impact report of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Global Health, which highlighted the need to develop the nursing profession to improve health, promote gender equality and support economic growth.
The main strands of the Nursing Now campaign include ensuring that more nurses are involved in policy making and leadership roles, and supporting...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests