NHS nurse absences ramp up pressure on those staff fit to work
Nurses are being asked to sacrifice their precious time off as they put their own well-being on the line to maintain patient safety
- Nurse workforce analyst insists the NHS is now in collapse and better nurse pay and conditions are immediate priority
- Steep rise in sickness and self-isolation is exacerbating already chronic nurse staffing shortage
- Find out what your rights are if your employer cancels or postpones your annual leave to cover absence
Overstretched nurses are facing unrelenting pressure as high levels of staff sick leave take a toll on the already depleted workforce, the RCN says.
Military personnel have been drafted in to support NHS services struggling to
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests