NHS must attract lapsed registrants back to nursing – but get better at keeping staff too
Strategies to lure nurses back need to be matched by changes in the workplace
- NHS Interim People Plan has outlined return-to-practice measures including free training for lapsed registrants
- Employers must face up to the reasons nurses quit and embrace flexible working if they want to lure staff back
- Pledge to restore CPD budgets in England over the next five years is ‘of huge importance’
Working with Mumsnet is the latest way the government is trying to tackle the nursing workforce crisis and tempt nurses back into the NHS.
A marketing campaign on the parenting website is targeting those who have left the profession, by giving information and advice on how to return.
Details were outlined...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests