Nursing leadership: which type is right for you?
Effective leadership can inspire staff and improve care – and there are many styles to choose from
- Many styles of leadership can be found in nursing, such as authentic, compassionate and transformational
- Leadership experts say styles are there to inform and guide nurses, rather than put them in a single box
- Find out the different types of leadership – which traits do you display, and what do you aspire to?
Nurses are potential leaders at every stage of their career, and the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of effective leadership more than ever.
An important component of many leadership courses is understanding the style of leader you are
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests