Neuropsychiatry specialist nurses: here’s what we do
When brain injury or neurological condition affect mental health, we are the nurses who provide care, treatment and support for patients and families
What is a neuropsychiatry specialist nurse?
Neuropsychiatry specialist nurses work in the fields of neurology and psychiatry, looking at how neurological illness, injury or events affect or contribute to symptoms of mental ill health.
What does the role involve?
As the specialist nurse in the neuropsychiatry team at The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust and Cheshire and Merseyside Rehabilitation Network, I work with the most complex patients in the hospital.
Our team works across the acute wards and the rehabilitation network, providing both an outpatient service and a
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests