My job: Influencing policy through my nurse manager role
Chief of nursing Karen Roberts on providing clinical expertise and advice to Macmillan Cancer Support
What is your job?
My role in Macmillan Cancer Support is about providing clinical expertise and advice to the charity and supporting its many strands of work in cancer care and treatment. I work closely with Macmillan’s chief medical officers Rosie Loftus and Jane Maher to support all areas of the charity’s work that require strategic nursing and allied health professional (AHP) involvement. Unlike other senior nursing roles I have held in the NHS, this post requires me to work alongside our policy and influencing team so we can make a difference at national policy level for people living with cancer.
What are your main responsibilities?
The main responsibilities of this role are strategic in that...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests