‘I love to see residents happy and content, and their relatives reassured’
Julie Newman, manager of Ivybank House care home, Falkirk, reflects on her career to date
What are your main responsibilities?
It is my job to maintain a high standard of care for our residents through effective management of the home. I also promote the home to all interested clientele, and maintain professionalism to uphold the principles and philosophies of the company.
I select and recruit staff for all disciplines in the home. Communication is important, and I ensure that I am always effectively communicating with staff in matters relating to the clients and the home. I also contribute to, and promote, a warm, friendly and homely environment.
Why did you become a nurse?
From a young age I wanted to become a nurse. I am happiest looking after people and helping them.
When I left...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests