Connecting with people is what I enjoy most
EMIS Health head of customer operations Ian Bailey explains why patients can benefit from technological developments in healthcare services.
What is your job?
EMIS Health provides the health sector with products and services, such as clinical management systems and analytics tools, and I am responsible for overseeing the journeys of community, children’s or mental health service customers who purchase them. I am also clinical lead for the market sector, which means I am responsible for ensuring the clinical needs of our customers are met in the products we develop while maintaining clinical safety and effectiveness.
Why did you become a nurse?
When I was at school, I volunteered as a care assistant in a nursing home. One of the things I most enjoyed was the interaction with the residents and their families, and I saw how the dedication, compassion and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests