Preparing for leadership roles: tips for developing confidence
How to learn from a mentor, silence your inner voice of doubt and develop your own leader style
A few years ago, if someone had asked me who I am, I would have said I am a wife, a mother and a nurse, without giving the question any real thought.
But now I would say that I am a confident, bold, driven and capable senior leader in healthcare – although far from the finished product.
My career path to leadership
When I started my nursing career in 2005 as a staff nurse in neurology, my focus was purely clinical and I didn’t really think about leadership. I loved the complexity of the specialty and the wide mix of patients
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests