How to hit the target when you apply for a job
Selling yourself in job applications is not as daunting as you may think
There comes a point for third-year nursing students when the words ‘portfolio’, ‘personal statement’ and ‘job applications’ are all that’s on your mind.
Many of us think, how do I sell myself? This can be daunting, but it may not be as difficult as you think.
It’s not necessarily about standing out above anyone else, it’s about showcasing the incredible journey you have been on.
Cast your mind back to when you started your nursing journey. Reflect on everything you have learned, and how your nursing education has shaped your skills and competencies. This may sound simple – but it is the key.
Evidence of skills
Of course, personal statements should suit the specific job you are applying for and the job description that...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests