Being a nursing student and a parent: how to make it work for you
From organising childcare to juggling family holidays with clinical placements, a third-year nursing student offers her top tips for students with children
Juggling academic work with clinical placements and personal commitments can be challenging as a nursing student.
When you are also a parent, it can sometimes feel overwhelming.
Knowing how to juggle study, placements and parenting
When I started my nursing degree three years ago, I didn’t know how I would make it all work – I wanted to succeed in my studies while also being the mum my five year old needed, but I knew it would not be easy.
I battled through assignments, exams and placements while struggling with my ‘mum guilt’
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests