I secured my dream role while still a second-year – tips on finding your first job
I secured my first post-registration role with a year to go at uni – here’s how to make a winning job application
Getting your first job as a newly registered nurse might not be top of your agenda in your second year of training, when your focus is on trying to finish your academic work and complete your proficiencies on clinical placements.
But having recently secured my first post as a band 5 neonatal nurse once I qualify, I have realised that if an opportunity presents itself, you have to go for it, because you never know until you try.
I landed a clinical placement I loved from day one
When I found out that my second placement allocation
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests