Help nursing students feel at home with a placement welcome pack
Incivility from staff or feeling unwelcome won’t make for an effective learning experience. Find out how a welcome pack can help students feel like part of the team
With academic work, clinical placements and personal commitments to juggle, life as a nursing student is challenging at the best of times.
Factor in a global pandemic and life has been even tougher over the past few years. A Nursing Standard investigation into student attrition suggests that 33% of those who started their nursing degree courses in 2018 did not graduate in 2021, with COVID-19 and the rising cost of living adding to the usual course pressures.
Negative behaviour in the workplace can add to burnout
Nursing students are
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests