A Short Introduction to Helping Young People Manage Anxiety
This short book by Carol Fitzpatrick would make an excellent resource for professionals who work with young people and a helpful book for many parents.
While it does not focus specifically on nursing, it is of particular relevance to school nurses, children’s nurses and mental health nurses.
The author addresses different ways young people display anxiety. She also talks about different forms of anxiety disorders, such as obsessive compulsive disorder, and their links with depression and self?harming.
Many books on anxiety management are available, but this one is specific to young people. There are chapters on approaches that work with young people and a good use of case studies and relevant situations.
Readers will also find some excellent tips to manage their own anxiety.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests