Luna’s Red Hat: An Illustrated Storybook to Help Children Cope with Loss and Suicide
This children's storybook brought me pleasure and sadness. Pleasure, at the approach, story and the exquisite illustrations that accompany the words and the brief but beautifully crafted Guide for Parents that is included. Sadness, that there is such a need for this resource.
A simple tale of how sadness and loss at her mother’s death is expressed by Luna, a little girl in early childhood. Her father appreciates her behaviour as the expression of her grief, therefore relying less on words than actual behaviours and feelings, which I feel widens the appeal and reach of the book.
This is a valuable resource for parents, carers and nurses.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests