Click: websites on patient safety
Resources on safety and quality in children’s nursing for professionals and parents.
In the early 2000s, a quality improvement project brought together a group of healthcare professionals with experts from the world of motor racing.
They compared handovers of critically ill infants and children from operating theatre to intensive care team after complex heart surgery with the processes of a Formula 1 pitstop.
The cardiac team soon realised that healthcare has much to learn from other ‘high-risk’ occupations and industries, and created the Risky Business series of conferences. There have been 11 of these conferences in total.
To ensure that learning is shared and disseminated, the Risky Business website was established. This outlines the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests