Book review: Practical Research with Children
Practical Research with ChildrenJess Prior and Jo Van Herwegen | Routledge | £31.99 | 309pp | ISBN: 9781138937895
This book, edited by two UK-based psychologists but with contributions by education and psychology experts, has three distinct methodological sections: qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research approaches.
The inclusion of a mixed methods section for research with children makes the text especially current.
Given the backgrounds of editors and contributors, it is unsurprising that this text has a psychological flavour, and the chapters concerning quantitative research methods would be of particular interest to students of child psychology.
However, many chapters in all three sections of the book would be of value to all of those researching with children.
One chapter based on personal research experience offers good advice on how to construct conversations with young children and to address research...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests