Book review: The Disabled Child’s Participation Rights
The Disabled Child’s Participation Rights
Anne-Marie Callus and Ruth Farrugia
£95.00 | 172pp
All children should be protected by the United Nations (UN) Convention on the Rights of Child, and children with disabilities should also be protected by the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
This book examines these conventions extensively, and focuses on the rights of children to makes choices about their health, education, home life and relationships. The book also outlines how these rights are promoted and safeguarded.
Children are not always assured participation rights and the book examines relevant case law in various European states. By doing so, it stimulates readers to reflect on their own understanding and practice.
This is primarily a reference book on disability studies and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests