Book review: Building continuing bonds for grieving and bereaved children
Building continuing bonds for grieving and bereaved children Brenda Mallon Jessica Kingsley Publishers £14.99 | 144pp ISBN: 9781785921933
With more than 100 children experiencing bereavement a day, this text offers a valuable insight in how to sustain and build resilience with children who are grieving.
It is a helpful book exploring grief and bereavement with children. It is easy to read and offers a good understanding of grief with lots of practical suggestions of how we might support children through the grieving process.
The introduction and opening chapter describe the changes and challenges of grief and set a helpful context of how children process grief. The author draws on important research and theory that acknowledges continuing bonds and the value of maintaining relationships with the dead. Subsequent chapters explore the importance of remembering special days and Brenda Mallon provides advice and ideas of how to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests