Standardised uniforms for nurses: who will wear them and when?
Uniform for NHS staff in England will have a dress option and reflect cultural diversity
Where do the four countries of the UK stand on national nursing uniforms?
Nurses in Scotland and Wales have worn a standard uniform since 2010, and counterparts in Northern Ireland have done so since 2011.
In England, individual organisations have been able to choose their own uniform designs and colours, resulting in a vast array of different styles, materials and branding.
There are currently 30,000 individual items of uniform across the NHS in England, according to NHS Supply Chain, the organisation that manages sourcing, delivery and supply for NHS organisations in England and Wales.
Is there going
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests