Hepatitis in children: symptoms, possible causes and treatment
There is currently a rise in cases of hepatitis in children, particularly those under five years, nurses can offer care and support to children and families
What is known about the current rise in cases of hepatitis in children?
There has been a rise in cases of sudden onset hepatitis in children since January.
According to an update on a technical briefing from the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) in April, there have been 145 cases of acute non-A-E hepatitis identified in children aged under 16, as
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests