Why are social care staff undervalued and misunderstood?
There is a baffling gulf between the status given to healthcare workers such as nurses, and the status given to care professionals at the front line of social care.
This disparity is having a direct impact on recruitment and retention of staff across social care, and creating big problems for those relying on our services.
Research by national learning disability charity FitzRoy into the problems facing families of people with learning disabilities ( Who will care after I’m gone? ) reveals the damaging impact a high turnover of staff has. It is killing trust in the system, while costing money and wasting resources.
A revolving door is leaving families deeply frustrated. Parents are worn down by a...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests