Susan Aitkenhead: National framework for nursing, midwifery and care staff will ensure our contribution is recognised
Leading Change, Adding Value (LCAV) puts a new emphasis on measuring improvement. With the framework’s support, the ‘hidden’ achievements of nurses will be highlighted and unwarranted variation in care addressed, says NHS England’s Susan Aitkenhead
LCAV was launched as the national framework for all nursing, midwifery and care staff by England’s chief nursing officer Jane Cummings in May 2016.
Comprehensive stakeholder engagement had established strong support for a follow-up national framework to Compassion in Practice (2012) when it concluded.
It was agreed that there was an opportunity for a new framework to take a different approach and to clearly demonstrate the contribution...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests