Student voice: Mentors play a crucial role in nurse education
National Mentoring Day offers students opportunities to show their appreciation of mentors
Some of the most inspirational people I have met during my nursing journey so far have been my mentors.
Without them I would not be where I am now and thanks to them I aspire to becoming a mentor for future nursing students.
The role of the mentor is often under appreciated by registrants and nursing students alike, despite the guidance and support they provide for nursing students during their education.
As well as providing time consuming and specific training, mentors spend much of their time taking new students under their wing and settling them in to adapt to new placement environments.
They also trust their students to carry out specific tasks that help with their learning while assuming accountability for their students’ actions....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests