Nursing mnemonics: easy tips for memory recall
Simple techniques that help you retrieve complex information quickly, plus how to devise memory aids that are worth sharing with the rest of the nursing team
Memory retrieval techniques such as mnemonics and acronyms are an important tool for safe nursing practice and medicine management.
We all know that the learning process is a continuous curve. Roles and responsibilities in nursing keep changing and remembering the necessary information can feel overwhelming.
In many roles, whether in clinical or education settings, an important responsibility is to mentor new starters and students. When taking in information, they too can feel inundated.
Why mnemonics promote safer practice
Learning tools such as mnemonics and acronyms are a useful way
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests