Legal disputes about care with a high media profile
Stephen McKeever is due to present this matter for discussion at RCN congress
Most of my career has been in critical care. During this time I have seen many families try to comprehend and make the most difficult decision of their lives.
These decisions often concerned individuals who could not take part in the decision process themselves. Sometimes, families sought the opinions of those who were not part of the clinical team.
When outside advice is contrary to that provided by clinicians, or when the choices offered are incomprehensible, it is understandable that families try to bargain with outcomes.
This can be part of the process of grief and loss. Sometimes, when...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests