Ideas welcome: how to innovate to improve patient care
Problem-solving and transformation in healthcare, the support networks that can help you focus your ideas, plus tips for how to innovate in your nursing practice
Nurses have always developed innovative ideas aimed at improving patient care.
As a profession, nurses are closest to the delivery of healthcare, spend the most time with patients and are ideally placed to identify changes in practice that could have a real impact on patient experience.
What skills do nurses have which make them great innovators?
The design thinking process is a solution-based approach used to encourage innovation in many diverse fields, such as software development, architecture and engineering.
It has parallels with the nursing process and
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests