Mixed views on plans for the profession
England's chief nursing officer Jane Cummings and her team are busy drawing up the first draft of a new nursing and midwifery strategy, to be presented to about 500 senior nurses attending the chief nurse’s annual two-day summit in Birmingham on December 1-2.
Nurses will be asked for feedback and those who want to add their views can do so by responding to six questions set out by NHS England before the strategy is finalised ahead of its expected launch in March next year.
The new strategy’s engagement phase is ongoing. There are six questions:
- What has worked well in Compassion in Practice?
- What are the issues you feel we are facing?
- What do we need to do more of to create care that is truly person-centred?
- What is your vision for care for the next 20 years?
- What matters to you?
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests