DadPad guide aims to help fathers adjust to caring for their baby in a neonatal unit
Fathers can feel left out and stressed when their newborn is in a neonatal unit, but a new guide is now available to help
Bryan Taylor’s baby, Sonny, spent 12 weeks in the neonatal unit of Dorset’s Poole Hospital when he was born 18 months ago.
He had been born three months prematurely – and later had to have a heart operation. He is now healthy and happy.
But Mr Taylor says it was a ‘confusing and scary’ experience for him and his wife, Claire.
‘The staff were really good, but it’s hard to keep up with what is going on. We were in temporary accommodation so we could be close by, but I had to return to work.
‘I missed ward rounds and I would arrive after work and it could be...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests