Sun, fun and nursing - Australia has so much to offer
According to the NMC, about 2,000 nurses are believed to have left the UK and headed to Australia to work last year.
Mental health nurse Gary Ennis moved to Australia in 2003, planning to stay for three years and enjoy the Rugby World Cup. He took a staff nurse post on an acute admissions ward at NorthWestern Mental Health (NWMH) in Melbourne.
‘I found that my skills and experience were transferable,’ he says. ‘The clients using the mental health service have the same types of presentations and diagnoses, and the treatment options and approaches are similar [to those in the UK].’
Nursing staff can unwind on Australia’s beautiful beaches
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests